November 11, 2006

saturday morning in greenpoint

well the sun was gracious enough to let me sleep until 10 today. i finally dragged myself out of the house around 11 with the hopes of shipping my ipod back to those jerks at apple. does anyone else think it's absurd that you have to send your ipod back to apple out of your own pocket because your already expensive piece of equipment decides to flake on you? well luckily enough for me my dad found the two-year warranty that was purchased along with this evil little life accessory a mere two weeks before the warranty expires. good job dad. you almost blew it.

speaking of my dad, he was scheduled to be in lovely State College, Pennsylvania today at my alma mater, Penn State where they will be playing a god awful football team by the name of Temple. the sad part is, i'm not sure if the 2006 Oranage Bowl champs will be able to beat the said god awful team because the Nittany Lions just aren't playing up to par. no that's not true. they are playing up to par...they just suck. and our beloved Joe Paterno is on the injured list. godspeed, JoePa.

now back to my attempt at salvaging my ipod. it seemed like today would be a good day: i was out of my pjs at 11 which is practically unheard of for me. even if i venture out before 12 (or sometimes after 12) on a saturday, i at least stay in some form of my pjs. but not today. i was fully dressed. i even put on a bra.

i went around the corner for some morning fuel. a medium coffee and sesame seed bagel (they were out of everything bagels, erg!) with cream cheese from Dunkin' Donuts. america runs on dunkin'. i then meandered down to rite aid and purchased some grown up things. cleaning supplies, aluminum foil, and a bubble mailer to ship the `pod. i then continued around the block to the post office where i find a "we're sorry. we will be closed Saturday November 11th for Veteran's Day" sign posted to the entrance. VETERAN'S DAY WAS YESTERDAY YOU LAZY BASTARDS. still confused, i checked my phone to ensure that today was in fact Saturday November 11th. to my disappointment, my phone reitterated that there was no chance of me getting in the doors of that post office anytime today. welp, there's always next saturday...but NO. i'll be back in PA next saturday and my parents' house doesn't have windows strategically placed towards the rising sun to disturb my slumber. there's no way i'll be awake in time to make it. and going during the week is clearly out of the question because my hours of employement are enough to rival malaysian sweat shops.

at least it's absolutely gorgeous out. so when i go to the park for a jog, there's sure to be a million lean-cut bodies already there so that i can feel like more of a fatty. maybe i'll just jog with a cigarette in my mouth so that i can really stand out like a sore thumb.


~SCO

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics